Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sparklingwater_gw

Wood Floors: when are they "clean"?

SparklingWater
11 years ago

Hi everyone. I have finished wood floors and clean them regularly by dusting and as per instructions, using Bona Hard Wood Floor Cleaner. I've been known for years to do the whole house over a series of days with large cotton covered mops and on my hands and knees in corners or tough spots, taking my time to get them really clean. Repetitive change out of cotton rags to new white ones as I go.

Recently after I had just cleaned in this manner over a series of days, a gentlemen, helping me with my floors chronic dullness, took a clean rag or whatever (don't recall) and my Bona Cleaner and sprayed the floor and wiped. The rag showed some discoloration: not black, some brown, some light beige. He summed it up that my floors weren't "clean".

There is hardly any finish left on these wood floors so whatever comes in (mainly minus shoes) goes on them in spite of my regular dutch cleaning. I am working to address this.

How do you tell when your wood floor cleaning is "clean enough"? Are your cleaning rags white upon finish? Thank you for the kindness of a response as this is a serious matter to me. Happy Holidays to you all.

Comments (2)