Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threemonsters

I only want the Hyundai of laminate floors....what direction.

threemonsters
13 years ago

I'm at the beginning of my research, but feeling rather overwhelmed by my options,

2 weeks ago we had a professional rep come out and give us a quote for an Armstrong laminate floor (not sure what make and model)..... With installation running around $3000, and the laminate itself priced at $4.25 sq ft, the 989 sq ft that we wanted floored was nearly $8000.

Now, that might sound fine and dandy for some of you, but being a frugal DIY-er, this price was astronomical. We live in a modest, cookie cutter neighborhood with a house that is worth about $155,000.... We are not interested in the BMW of laminate wood floors.... Just your laminate that is strong, durable for 3 kids and pets. This is our "starter" house, we want to move the nasty carpet out and are not afraid to get our hands dirty (we built our deck, pretty comfortable with all tools).

My friend just did theirs in the most basic Home Depot $1.00 sq ft.... The floors look fine. I was looking at IFloor.com at their options but I'm really intimidated by the options and some reviews.

"contractors choice" "shaw laminate" "quick step".... Lots of options, just need to be pointed in the direction of the hyundai or Honda of laminate floors!!!

Comment (1)