Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Need BR Carpeting

chisue
11 years ago

I've just read the "Mohawk" thread from March 2012. Any updates to the softstrand pro's and cons'? Anything further on vacuuming problems? I have a central vac with great suction -- no power assist -- have a 'carpet' attachment for this room. (I only use suction on my orientals.)

I need to buy a piece of carpeting 11 X 14 and have it bound for use in our MBR. (I realize I will need to buy 12 X 14 and waste a strip!)

I have at home a sample from Menard's. It's Mohawk 65 oz. plush @ $2.87/ sq ft. ("Twilight" is the store's name for the style, and the color is 08 - 'Mountain Moss'.) The twist strands look to be about 3/8 of an inch long (at most). Says it is "Everstrand" and Scotchguarded. (Why did I think Scotchguard had been outlawed?)

Advice on "Everstrand"? Says it is made from recycled plastic bottles. I am sensitive to chemicals. Problem?

We have a 13-year-old terrier with a maddening habit of eating 'carp' on the sly and regurgitating it at 3 a.m.

This is my first try buying from a big box store. I live in the suburbs of Chicago.

Thanks for all help and advice!

Comment (1)