Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wideplank Flooring

Posted by MichelleDT (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 24, 11 at 17:43

Looking for some help. We are building a new home and really want a wide plank (at least 5" - would love wider), acid or pickled oak that has a very contemporary greyish look. The only thing I can find is Carlisle flooring which looks beautiful although not really grey toned. Are there alternatives to Carlisle or is this a good solution and I should look no further?

Happy Holidays!

Thanks and CHEERS!

M

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wideplank Flooring

Only other alternative I can suggest for you is to employ and expert unfinished floor installer/finisher who can give you exactly what you're looking for. Yes, we exist, but we're a rare breed.

Grey floors are trendy recently and there are several techniques employed to get a greyish result. If you search the archives over at the Floormaster's website, you can get a description of the many ways this can be done.

Floormasters is a site for professionals to share their expertise and knowledge. So long as you remain respectful, no one will jump down your throat...hopefully.

And Merry Christmas to you too!

Here is a link that might be useful: Floormasters

o

You can also check the European manufactures for prefinished hard wax oil floors in many washed colors. The demand for them in our area is negligible but in major markets they are readily available. We do as Glen suggests and custom finish in gray's, blues etc. when needed with great success.

o

Would also suggest trying these fine brands:

Hallmark Hardwoods - Buena Vista collection, Dune color

http://hallmarkhardwoods.com/images/catalogs/buena vista/buenavista brochure low res.pdf

Du Chateau - Vernal Collection

http://duchateaufloors.com/#/collections-vernal/

Urban Floors - Villa Caprisi collection, Abruzzo or Brindisi color

http://www.urbanfloor.com/VILLA-CAPRISI/

o

I am looking at wideplank flooring made by Urban Floors. Their Villa Caprisi collection is just stunning. I am torn between the Calabria color (ligheer brown) or darker and reddish Verona color. Any suggestions?

o

Why would you ask that here and not start a new thread instead of hijacking old threads unless what your really doing is spamming the site!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here