Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_kansas

Smartstrand - a little dissapointed

jennifer_in_kansas
12 years ago

Earlier this week we had Smartstrands Intelligent Style 60oz plush installed on most of our first floor. I'm upset by 2 things:

1. You can see every footprint and mark. You can even see the little toe pads on the kitty paw prints. Seriously.

2. My beloved Hoover Wind Tunnel vacuum doesn't work on this carpet. It isn't tall enough so its difficult to maneuver, and the beater bars leave major stripes.

I'm sure there are experts out there reading this and saying "Duh!". As a first time carpet purchaser, who thought she researched the heck out of carpets, I'm bothered by these revelations.

I spoke to my local, trusted vacuum store and they stated I'm not the 1st customer with this plight. They said I now need a suction-only canister vacuum and possibly even a rake (whoa, bad flashback). Apparently even if I could turn off the beater bar there wouldn't be enough suction to really clean the carpet.

As a quick fix for the vacuum we added a screw + 3 washers to raise the height. It's hard to explain so I've attached a picture.

I highly suggest anyone purchasing carpet ask the store for a large piece of the carpet for in-home testing. The small color sample doesn't do it, nor does the idea that a textured carpet will hide marks better.

I just wanted to share my experience but comments/questions are welcome.

Jennifer

{{gwi:1570028}}

Screw and washers raising the height adjuster on the vacuum

{{gwi:1570031}}

Comment (1)