Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trofywife

HELP!! Installing Marmoleum Click

trofywife
13 years ago

Ok, my husband and I have become pretty good DIYers over the years so I thought this would be an easy project to tackle.

We are laying marmoleum click in a checkerboard pattern at an angle (45 degree). Has anybody else done this? I have started and re started in every corner of the room turning the tiles every way possible. When I get to a point where the next tile needs to butt up against 2 tiles I can NOT get them to go together. If I use the pounding block it just pushed the tile on the other side of it out of place and I have to start completely over. I have used shims to try and keep them in place but even they aren't working. I have used the wedges to keep the tiles lifted at an angle.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have already made cuts to about 3 boxes of tiles so shipping back is not really an option now. There is no money left in the budget so hiring someone is not an option either. I know we can do this, I just need to know the trick to getting that third tile wedged in.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling