Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP!! Installing Marmoleum Click

Posted by trofywife (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 13, 10 at 16:10

Ok, my husband and I have become pretty good DIYers over the years so I thought this would be an easy project to tackle.
We are laying marmoleum click in a checkerboard pattern at an angle (45 degree). Has anybody else done this? I have started and re started in every corner of the room turning the tiles every way possible. When I get to a point where the next tile needs to butt up against 2 tiles I can NOT get them to go together. If I use the pounding block it just pushed the tile on the other side of it out of place and I have to start completely over. I have used shims to try and keep them in place but even they aren't working. I have used the wedges to keep the tiles lifted at an angle.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have already made cuts to about 3 boxes of tiles so shipping back is not really an option now. There is no money left in the budget so hiring someone is not an option either. I know we can do this, I just need to know the trick to getting that third tile wedged in.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP!! Installing Marmoleum Click

It is a rotating lock.

Beating it together with a taping block, just damages the lock.

Angle in and rotate down.

A 45º in a tile pattern, for the first go around, is like racing the Daytona 500 and never learning to drive.

o
RE: HELP!! Installing Marmoleum Click

Also, look at the lock-if you have damaged some of it, little shards of the green material will block the next tile's lock from getting in there tight. Just take a box knife and trim the pieces that are blocking the lock. Then you can gently try to tap the next tile into it.

As for the angled pattern, any way you can click a few pieces together and then slide them into place as one, rather than one piece at a time? I did that with a tight corner I had, and it worked pretty well.

Good Luck though- you will love this stuff!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here