Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Epoxy grout on top of 'normal' gourt

Posted by StanS4321 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 17, 12 at 15:43

Forgive me if this has been addressed already. I have recently had rectified tile installed in my home. The installer had originally mentioned that the grout needs to be sufficient height to come up to the surface of the tile unlike stamped tile that has a chamfered edge. When his apprentice did the grout he apparently did not get the same speech. The owner of the business is now recommending that an epoxy grout be applied over the normal grout to bring the height up to that of the tile. Questions are: Has anyone ever heard of this before? Will the epoxy bond to the normal grout? and What will the epoxy do to the surface of the glazed porcelain tile?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Epoxy grout on top of 'normal' gourt

Um, NO. If you are going to change grouts, then you have to change grouts. The old has to come out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here