Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wood floors with vaulted ceilings

Posted by nrpyle (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 15:21

My husband and I are considering purchasing a home with lavender carpeting that we will obviously want to replace. I would like to install some dark stained oak flooring throughout or at a minimum of the first floor. Our one hesitation is the great room is a fairly large space with vaulted ceilings. What are some ways to have the hardwood yet minimize echoing and keeping a warm feeling in the room? I would paint the room a mid-tone warm grey.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wood floors with vaulted ceilings

They sell sound dampening under layment and it works well. If you are hiring pros talk with them. There are many options.

If doing this project yourself find a hardwood floor distributor for the material.

o

Oh wonderful! I had no idea that existed. Thank you so much!

o

Keep in mind though you will always have some of an echo. Cant eliminate it totally.

There are different levels. I. E. you could just use like a felt pad ( cheap not the best) or you could using something called Floor Muffler ( better but around $200 for 100sqft. )

Some distributor might have testing displays to show you just how effective these can be. Take some time and look around

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here