Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hannah_md

Carpet color mistake

hannah_md
13 years ago

I have just spent $2700 for mohawk organic luxury in the color of (Tortilla) and I hate to say that it is a little too dark and the wrong creamy tone for me. It is a very good grade carpet. Help......will Mohawk replace it?

Comments (5)

• echo-flooring
    13 years ago

There would be a few conditions that would allow it.But probably unlikely. If it is smart strand or weardated and s,art cushion was used (if the store even offers it) Mohawk allows for a 30 day no question asked warranty. You would pay for the labor again. Carpet ones if you bought from there might have a 30 day also. If from a box store, you're out of luck too. If a big independent, they may be able to cheat something up perhaps to help. Could be dead ends everywhere. Good Luck.

• hannah_md
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for responding. I bought it from a 5 star rated decorating company and it is smart strand. Geez, picking out carpeting is as bad as picking out paint colors.

• goodbyekitty
    13 years ago

I'm in that same boat but I decided to live with it. I bought the color "London Fog" for $3,400 for 3 rooms from a big box store. In their lighting the color looked more like a steely gray. I brought it home too, but it was just a tiny sample on a board with, geez, 48 other same size squares? Still looked good to me!

But when it was actually installed boy did it take on a much bluer tone! omg! I wanted a nice gray tone carpet. I wonder if I should try cleaning it with bleach! lol!

I don't know if it's safe to say that any carpet sample you see in a store is going to take on a darker tone once installed floor to floor? Now I see when I pull out that same sample board I should have gone lighter.

Drat!

• mike_home
    13 years ago

I recently purchased carpet for my upstaris bedrooms and first floor living room. My local dealer order several free samples (about 2 x 3 feet) of the colors I was considering. I lived with the carpet samples for about two weeks until my wife and I made the final decision.

You need to see the samples in the rooms they will be used. The lighting in stores will not be the same as your home.

• hannah_md
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yea, since it was high end carpeting they will replace if unsatisfied with the color. Now, big dilemma picking color! Has anyone installed the lighter shade carpeting with the colored strands through it? Thanks for all advice.