Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
both_gw

Carpet cleaners ruined my carpet what do I do?

both
14 years ago

I have a rental house and the bacement has 450 square feet of carpet. One tenent moved out so we had the carpet cleaned. It is a white carpet. The next day the carpe was yellow!!!!! They came out again and said it was brown out and it happens to white carpets sometimes and used vinegar to clean it. It was still yellow when it dried. Then they cleaned it again using something specific for brown out still yellow. Then a new guy from the company came and he said it was from water damage from the first guy wetting the carpet way too much he tried bleaching it but today it is still yellow. I offered the company to pay back the 140 it cost plus 450 the price of half of what we paid originaly for the carpet. She did not like this idea and is now asking for pictures which I have taken and sent to her. What would you do? How much should I expect from them? Am I asking too much?

The carpet is four years old, a Mohawk berber(can't spell) and was in good condition. I will not recarpet and am having tile put in next weekend.

Comments (3)