Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bleached/whitewashed Oak floors

Posted by KateB22 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 28, 13 at 13:46

I saw some pretty photos of a bleached/whitewashed oak floor. Anyone have any experience with this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bleached/whitewashed Oak floors

Would love to see some photos KateB. I am looking for a light colored wood flooring option myself. Good luck on your decison.

o

I tries to post a link but the best way is to google bleached oak floors

This post was edited by KateB22 on Sat, Dec 28, 13 at 22:19

o

http://cfchardwoodfloors.com/bleached-hardwood-floors/

o

I saw this - http://andersonfloors.com/Our_Hardwood_Floors/Anderson_Floors.aspx?collection=2 in a model house and it looks beautiful. I'll post picture later when i get to computer.

Here is a link that might be useful: coastal art pickle barrel floor by Anderson flooring

o

Picture of aboved linked floor installed.

o

Cloeeup of the same floor. It's enginnered hardwood and I was disappointed the top wood layer is pretty thin and it probably can't take much sanding in case of deep scratches.

o

I currently have Homerwood product (subsidiary of Armstrong) in my home now and really think it's beautiful. It's Hickory Graphite so I'm considering a lighter color for the new house. They have a new line called Aesthetics. Considering Ash White Sand.
http://homerwood.com

o

Hi all. Has anyone found a nice white washed oak product or other species? I was following this thread and wonder if anyone has purchased the Ark brushed linen or their saddle. Both are white oak with some kind of pseudo oil coating.

o

Hi Avivacarol,

I'm still undicided in my flooring choice. I too looked at the Ark brushed linen and saddle. Beautiful flooring! What I liked about these two was the color, finish and micro bevel. The finish was matte ( UV oiled cured without the need to oil it.) and the bevel was super micro!

I'm now looking at a product from www.naturallyagedflooring.com, The Medallion Collection- Donar Oak. This is not whitewashed but it is a lighter colored oak. On thier website this looks dark but in person it's not. They do have a color called Oceanside that is whitewashed and I'm waiting on a sample to see it in person. Best of luck on your flooring hunt.

o

I forgot to add that I didn't go with the Ark because of the width and length of the boards. They are only 4 3/4 wide and only 1 to 4 foot lengths. I'd like a wider and longer board.

o

We're looking at Lauzon's "Beachwood" White Oak. A bit different in that the wood is not necessarily bleached, but the stain shows a lot of light contrast in the grain. Not sure where we'll land on our floor choice.
http://lauzonflooring.com/hardwood-flooring/beachwood-white-oak-flooring-designer-designer-elements/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here