Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
malpaflea

Natural Harmony Wooltex carpet at Home Depot--any experiences?

malpaflea
14 years ago

My wife and I really like one of the carpets that Home Depot has in their Natural Harmony line. It's a 50/50 Wool/Olefin blend that is reasonably priced (for wool, that is...). Terrain is the style.

So far, I've had no luck trying to figure out who the manufacturer is to comparison shop. There's no info at all online. Even the big carpet stores in Dalton, Georgia shrugged their shoulders about it.

Does anyone have any clues as to...

-who makes this

-what is the quality like

-how does it look/wear once installed

Thanks in advance.

Comments (18)

• boxers
    14 years ago

usually wool blends wouldn't be my first choice. Olefins can pack down. I don't know how they perform as its not a common fiber usage. If its a low traffic area I suppose its fine but in a traffic area I'd be a little cautious. Most HD carpets are Shaw,Mohawk or Beaulieu all are pvt labeled so comparing is useless.

• athensmomof3
    14 years ago

I have a wool/olefin blend carpet that was bound into an area rug in my den. It is 10 years old and is just starting to show some wear on the heavy traffic areas. Other than that, it has held up very well to 3 boys, 2 dogs and hectic family life. It has been cleaned multiple times as well.

I would check with whoever you use to see if they will clean it if it is wool for the same price as nylon . . . some wont.

• martin2016
    14 years ago

If you really want wool, you might want to think twice about an olefin blend. Wool carpets need a good construction and decent face weight to be good carpets. Also, there are different qualities of wool. Felted wool from New Zealand is better than most product coming out of India, for example. Makers blend olefin to add weight and keep the price down, but ole is the cheapest carpet fiber made, so you are giving up something to get that price. Olefin has neither the look, feel, or durability that wool is famous for. While there are many fine carpets that are 80% wool, 20% nylon, I've never seen a ole/wool blend that I'd put in my house.

• athensmomof3
    14 years ago

Not sure what olefin/wool blends you have looked at Martin but I wanted a wool sisal look without a wool sisal price. I needed a large (15 by 19) bound carpet for my family room and wanted it cut out around the fireplace. This is what I have, purchased from the back room of a carpet place with roll remnants. It was very very affordable and I have had it for 10 years in a very high traffic area. It has held up well.

Here is a link that might be useful: wool blend sisal

• estalee
    11 years ago

Hi there,

I realize this thread was started a number of years ago but I have also seen and am interested in finding out more about the Natural Harmony 50% wool/50% olefin carpeting sold through Home Depot. We are looking for a fairly flat weave berber carpet and, although there are a couple of other Natural Harmony lines that contain both higher percentages of New Zealand wool, and one blend that is 80% wool/20% nylon, the color blend that we like best is only available in the Terrain 50% wool/ 50% olefin line. I spoke with a representative from the manufacturer, which I was finally able to find, and she gave me some information, but didn't have a lot of insight as to customer satisfaction for this specific line of carpeting. It is New Zealand wool, and is green label plus certified. malpaflea, I am curious as to whether you purchased that carpet and, if so, how it has held up for you. Thank you so much!

• PRO
    Lisa Alter
    6 years ago

Did you finally use the Natural Harmony carpet ? Looking at it for my parents - also, how did you locate the mfr ? I would love to contact them for info - if you can provide... thx !

• Janna Carter
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Lisa, your recent post has me curious... did your parents buy it? Did you find out anything more? Mohawk makes the carpet. I cannot get any specific information on the Mohawk site, but I am going to keep digging. I, too, am interested in the Natural Harmony Terrain 50/50 wool/olefin blend. I absolutely love one color in particular (19817 Cobblestone), but... I am reluctant without reading any reviews. The information I found suggests: (1) the olefin is a “filler” that makes the carpet more affordable, and (2) you can expect wear to be proportional to the blend: 50% olefin = 50% not good carpet fiber, 50% wool = excellent durability. I see nothing about the care. Olefin can be cleaned yourself, but wool generally requires professional cleaners.

• Erin
    5 years ago

Hi Janna, did you end up going with the Natural Harmony carpet? I am curious about how soft the 50/50 wool/olefin blend is as I'd like to put it in a bedroom. Similar to you I found a Natural Harmony carpet online at Home Depot but can't seem to find any information about the line. It seems like Home Depot discontinued the Natural Harmony in my area.

• P Staub
    3 years ago

I am interested in buying this carpet. Is there any reviews???

• eastautumn
    3 years ago

I'm also interested in this brand (Natural Harmony), but would love to hear more from people who actually have lived with it. The one I'm interested in is the 100% wool one, but there are only 3 reviews of it on the Home Depot web site:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Natural-Harmony-Bismarck-Color-Wheat-Loop-13-ft-2-in-Carpet-316660/206322589

Anyone out there with this carpet??

• Roberta Douglas
    3 years ago

Me too! Asking the same questions as many on this thread I am looking at their Oceanic Tweed wool & nylon. Just want to know if there is a 'wool' odor. Hard to believe that for all these years so few reviews.

• mebmebmebmeb
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hi Jana, are you certain the manufacturer is Mohawk? The reason I ask is because I went on their website and there are no wool carpets on their site.

I am interested in the Natural Harmony Bismarck from Home Depot and want to contact the manufacturer for more questions. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is?

Natural Harmony Bismarck - Color Ivory 13 ft. 2 in. Berber Carpet - 139214 - The Home Depot

• PRO
    Hilary Ridge Interiors
    2 years ago

I believe Home Depot’s Natural Harmony line is Nourtex by Nourison.

• Kelly Morgan
    2 years ago

Some of the patterns are Hagaman.

• HU-795293068
    2 years ago

Hilary Ridge Interiors is correct… Home Depot’s Natural Harmony line is manufactured by Nourison.

• Karen Harris
    2 years ago

I am also interested in the Natural Harmony 51% wool/49% olefin and am surprised at the many negative comments on olefin. I had a rug made of 100% olefin and was very impressed with the durability and the fact that I could be cleaned with bleach. That was especially nice for a light colored rug. Of course I realize that will not be the case with the wool combination but regardless i don't think olefin would deter me. If it works for Sunbrella fabrics and resists fading, I think that will work well for me. Now just to find the best price

• HU-612818826
    2 months ago

We purchased this carpet from Home Depot last May - 8 months ago - absolutely love everything about it except that its still shedding, filling the vacuum canister with fiber and dust every time its vacuumed. i keep a very tidy house and have it professionally cleaned. Any thoughts out there? Wondering if it my be defective