Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Natural Harmony Wooltex carpet at Home Depot--any experiences?

Posted by malpaflea (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 2, 09 at 11:39

My wife and I really like one of the carpets that Home Depot has in their Natural Harmony line. It's a 50/50 Wool/Olefin blend that is reasonably priced (for wool, that is...). Terrain is the style.

So far, I've had no luck trying to figure out who the manufacturer is to comparison shop. There's no info at all online. Even the big carpet stores in Dalton, Georgia shrugged their shoulders about it.

Does anyone have any clues as to...
-who makes this
-what is the quality like
-how does it look/wear once installed

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Natural Harmony Wooltex carpet at Home Depot--any experiences

usually wool blends wouldn't be my first choice. Olefins can pack down. I don't know how they perform as its not a common fiber usage. If its a low traffic area I suppose its fine but in a traffic area I'd be a little cautious. Most HD carpets are Shaw,Mohawk or Beaulieu all are pvt labeled so comparing is useless.

o

I have a wool/olefin blend carpet that was bound into an area rug in my den. It is 10 years old and is just starting to show some wear on the heavy traffic areas. Other than that, it has held up very well to 3 boys, 2 dogs and hectic family life. It has been cleaned multiple times as well.

I would check with whoever you use to see if they will clean it if it is wool for the same price as nylon . . . some wont.

o

If you really want wool, you might want to think twice about an olefin blend. Wool carpets need a good construction and decent face weight to be good carpets. Also, there are different qualities of wool. Felted wool from New Zealand is better than most product coming out of India, for example. Makers blend olefin to add weight and keep the price down, but ole is the cheapest carpet fiber made, so you are giving up something to get that price. Olefin has neither the look, feel, or durability that wool is famous for. While there are many fine carpets that are 80% wool, 20% nylon, I've never seen a ole/wool blend that I'd put in my house.

o

Not sure what olefin/wool blends you have looked at Martin but I wanted a wool sisal look without a wool sisal price. I needed a large (15 by 19) bound carpet for my family room and wanted it cut out around the fireplace. This is what I have, purchased from the back room of a carpet place with roll remnants. It was very very affordable and I have had it for 10 years in a very high traffic area. It has held up well.

Here is a link that might be useful: wool blend sisal

o

Hi there,

I realize this thread was started a number of years ago but I have also seen and am interested in finding out more about the Natural Harmony 50% wool/50% olefin carpeting sold through Home Depot. We are looking for a fairly flat weave berber carpet and, although there are a couple of other Natural Harmony lines that contain both higher percentages of New Zealand wool, and one blend that is 80% wool/20% nylon, the color blend that we like best is only available in the Terrain 50% wool/ 50% olefin line. I spoke with a representative from the manufacturer, which I was finally able to find, and she gave me some information, but didn't have a lot of insight as to customer satisfaction for this specific line of carpeting. It is New Zealand wool, and is green label plus certified. malpaflea, I am curious as to whether you purchased that carpet and, if so, how it has held up for you. Thank you so much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here