Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Allergy to home - Replaced Flooring

Posted by tp912 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 13, 10 at 9:39

I purchased a new home in June. Since moving in, I have developed a constant contact dermatitis, that recovers fully upon leaving the home for a few days. I recently decided it was either solve the problem or sell the house, so I removed all the carpet and glued down cheap hardwood flooring. Within a few days my problems were completely alleviated. I ordered formaldehyde free hardwood flooring and the took weeks which it took to arrive I continued to have no problems. It has been 3 days since the flooring has been installed, and my problems are quickly returning and worsening. How could this be??

Products used

Wood - Sideways flooring Bart Maple - http://www.plyboo.com/sideways.html

Underlayment - http://www.greenbuildingsupply.com/utility/showProduct/?objectID=3618

No glue.

Where did I go wrong again? I feel like I just spent 9,000 only to start my problem over.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Allergy to home - Replaced Flooring

My kids have contact allergies. In the house we built 9 years ago if my daughter laid in the floor she broke out where ever her skin touched the carpet. daughter allegic to cheer, son allergic to gain, I'm allergic to clean breeze tide. I breakout from mold-used to have cows and horses. I would have to shower after feeding hay. Such fun. Anyways if you haven't changed detergent. You might check into the chance of mold(sorry, I know that sounds scary but be sure before you throw more money at your house.) I say this because I assume you are not rolling around on your hardwood floors. So the contact may be something in the air not your floor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here