Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Luxury Vinyl Tile/Planks

Posted by sail-away (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 12, 11 at 3:26

Anyone have any experience with or knowledge of luxury vinyl tile/planks? We are looking at the Downs LVT for our kitchen. It is apparently a floating floor, which locks together using the Unilin L2C locking system.

We installed engineered wood flooring in our basement some years ago, and the installation was pretty straightforward. We're hoping this will be similar, but would love to hear from anyone with actual experience with the product.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Luxury Vinyl Tile/Planks

Down's LVT is easy to install, especially since you have experience with laminate. What questions do you have?
Jenny

o
RE: Luxury Vinyl Tile/Planks

Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now. I have questions about its durability, ease of maintenance, and whether it tends to have problems at the seams with buckling or having dirt or crumbs settle in the seams.

Since first posting, I have had an opportunity to work with the LVT and actually put together some pieces. It seems to work exactly as the engineered flooring that we put in the basement.

Mostly, I'd like to hear from those who have put the LVT in their home and how happy they are with it after having it for a while. The flooring store where we are considering buying it has only been selling it for six months.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here