Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjsee_gw

the allure floor is finished! (thanks glennsfc)

mjsee
13 years ago

We finished up this afternoon...went in really well. I know people have had problems with seams popping...we shall see. (We put down a different version in our laundry room in 2006--so far no problems.) We needed something to put down in a basement guestroom that we could DIY and not have the subfloor be "perfect." This is the room Elder Son sleeps in when he is visiting, and he was having a dreadful time with his allergies. I wanted something that wouldn't hold dustmites and could handle being below-grade.

glennsfc gave me the courage to put the ardex feather finish down over-top the nasty mastic the horrible tiles left behind. Here's a pic of my "ardexed" floor before install:

And here is the finished floor:

We have a little caulking and painting left on the baseboards...but we are pleased. If it holds up for a year or three that's all I ask of it. Ultimately, I'd like to put down Congoleum Duraplank. But...I've still got a kid in college. ;^) $1.99/sq ft (we do the labor) vs $7.00/sq ft (installed)---the Allure won that one! It's the Allure Honey Maple. It's really very pretty.

melanie