Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hardfloor color match to built ins?

Posted by ksd51 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 19:55

I have dark wood built in cabinets in the living room and built in dark wood bar in family room. Wood is actually dark brown with reddish tone. Should my hard wood floor closely match the built ins?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hardfloor color match to built ins?

I say no as I always feel and our store designer agrees that the floor and the cabinets should accent one another which will highlight the colors of each and make their own fashion statement. But you must like your decor. Neighbors, family, and all of us on this forum will not live their. You must be happy but I have described what a designers view would be.

o

Absolutely NOT! You want to be able to see where one starts and stops, not have them blend into each other in a sea of brown.

o

I agree here. Wood goes with wood. Get what will please you the most.

o

Thank you all for your input, you are very helpful

o

Happyfloors link is a good exmple of what I WOULD NOT want, even thought they did a great job of matching the stain. I would want contrast (at least slightly lighter floors with dark built-ins) but that would blend.

After installing oak flooring in my LR, I am slowly trying to de-oak my room by replacing furniture that is the exact same shade as my floors. I started with a brown-tone cherry finish on the TV console; need to replace some tables next.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here