Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two flooring updates: hardwoods and bamboo

Posted by wi-sailorgirl (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 23, 10 at 18:06

Just thought I'd update a couple things I've posted questions about in the past couple months.

First off, I asked about using a Bona restorer product on our hardwood floors as long as the room was cleared out. The one reply was a suggestion that we look into a buff and recoat instead. Well, we did and we ended up doing that. I'm so happy we did. The floors look damn near new. Only the deepest scratches remain. We had our floors refinished probably 6 years ago. We also paid extra for a UV insta-cure finish. It was all supposed to be done in one day but they ended up having to come back to cure it the following morning. Even with that, we were off our floors for 24 hours and then we were immediately able to move our rugs, furniture, etc. in. It cost about 25% more than without it but it was worth every penny.

Also, we have installed one room of our Teragren Portfolio bamboo floors. We used a quarter-inch underlayment underneath. The prep: underlayment, cleaning, etc., and the first couple rows were time consuming and a bit mind bending (higher math is not my strong suit) but once we got a few rows down and got a system it went quickly and we're thrilled with how it looks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two flooring updates: hardwoods and bamboo

Hi wi-sailorgirl, thanks for posting the update. I love to read the outcomes of projects and it is so helpful to anyone who may face this in the future!

Enjoy your beautiful floors, and if you get a chance, please post pics!

o
RE: Two flooring updates: hardwoods and bamboo

Hi wi-sailorgirl,

We have narrowed it down to exactly the same two Teragren floors - either the Synergy chestnut or the Portfolio Darby Brown. We are leaning toward the Darby Brown. Can you tell me how the actual color of the Darby brown relates to the pictures online? Is it darker, lighter, etc...

Also, did you decide to order in online and with who? Any advice would be greatly appreciated since we are planning on installing 1200 sq ft in the coming month or so.

Thanks in advance!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here