Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wi_sailorgirl

Two flooring updates: hardwoods and bamboo

wi-sailorgirl
13 years ago

Just thought I'd update a couple things I've posted questions about in the past couple months.

First off, I asked about using a Bona restorer product on our hardwood floors as long as the room was cleared out. The one reply was a suggestion that we look into a buff and recoat instead. Well, we did and we ended up doing that. I'm so happy we did. The floors look damn near new. Only the deepest scratches remain. We had our floors refinished probably 6 years ago. We also paid extra for a UV insta-cure finish. It was all supposed to be done in one day but they ended up having to come back to cure it the following morning. Even with that, we were off our floors for 24 hours and then we were immediately able to move our rugs, furniture, etc. in. It cost about 25% more than without it but it was worth every penny.

Also, we have installed one room of our Teragren Portfolio bamboo floors. We used a quarter-inch underlayment underneath. The prep: underlayment, cleaning, etc., and the first couple rows were time consuming and a bit mind bending (higher math is not my strong suit) but once we got a few rows down and got a system it went quickly and we're thrilled with how it looks.

Comments (2)