Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trafficmaster Allure Ultra

Posted by hedygs (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 21, 10 at 18:01

I see that Trafficmaster is selling the Allure as a click together floor now. Has anyone had any experience using this product?

I would think that this would eliminate the problem of edges not adhering together well.

Thanks for any input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trafficmaster Allure Ultra

I didn't know Trafficmaster Allure even came in anything other than what I got where there is an adhesive edge that sticks one piece to the next. By the way, I hate it and after just one year, I am ripping it out and replacing it with an engineered wood floor.

o

Twinnera thanks for the response. What is prompting you to tear it out? I am trying to find flooring for my basement and it is making me crazy because I don't want to use tile and carpetting gets so dirty.

o

Wow I just purchased this product in the cherry color for my deck that is enclosed. I hope that i will be happy with the final outcome. I intend to start laying it later today after buying it from HD yesterday spending 500.00. Twinnera what was the main reason you do not like it now?

o

Lauren I hope you like it. I am waiting for a couple color samples but this is my top choice still. I was wondering if you are not supposed to let it acclimatize in your home before install?

Please let us know how you like it (complete with pictures of course :) ).

o

I just finished installing this flooring in my kitchen so far it looks great. It butts up to a just refinished oak floor. I have to admit the Allure Ultra looks good.

o

tom421 - How did the installation go? Any problems? Any tricks?

I have used the old style with the adhesive tabs several times and had no problems. I currently have it in my bathroom, and still love it.

Working on a kitchen remodel now, and trying to decide whether to use the old style or the new Allure Ultra. I am disappointed that the Allure Ultra does not come in tile patterns (yet).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here