Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marmoleum click floors

Posted by StorybookFarm (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 28, 11 at 17:46

Hi!

I'm thinking of putting in Marmoleum click (or glue down) floors and am looking for input. Does anyone have this kind of flooring?

My farmhouse (see pictures here: www.theclanstead.com) is a turn of the century house that was abandoned for 30 years when we bought it last May. On the blog linked there you can see our progress, but where I'm stuck is on flooring. I've gone with a look for the bathroom where I used black and white small hex tiles and an actual antique bowl and pitcher (again, see pics) so I'm wanting to use something that evokes (and fits with) the age of the home. Linoleum is a natural choice, and I'm thinking black and white checkerboard (can't get much more traditional) but the fact that this is a remote county of the state means that there are few contractors who have *any* experience with installing glue-down linoleum. Hence, the idea of click.

Again: anyone with experience got any advice for me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marmoleum click floors

Ask in the kitchen forum--it's not uncommon there. Most people have good luck. I used sheet Marmoleum so I can say the material is great but can't speak for the Click system.

(I CAN say that you for sure don't want an inexperienced linoleum installer and I think checkerboard DIY Click sounds perfect!)

o
RE: Marmoleum click floors

We have the clicks and had it installed by guys recommended by Marmoleum, primarily because of floor leveling that was needed. We love it - so easy to maintain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here