Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oreiad_gw

Black Slate Grout Color

oreiad
9 years ago

Hello,

I need a little help with grout colors for our black slate for our mudroom with white cabinets. We are debating between custom's platinum color or delorian gray. Has anyone used these with slate? Will the platinum be too light? We would like a little contrast between the slate and the grout similar to this photo.
https://www.houzz.com/photos/mudroom-traditional-entry-phvw-vp~237731-traditional-entry-other-metro

We also are using a urban concrete night porcelain tile in our laundry room with white cabinets. Any suggestions for grout color to show contrast between tile and grout. Thinking about using platinum here to but worried it might be too light. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

Comments (14)

• User
    9 years ago

Darker is always better. TEC Power Grout Raven.

• Terry Pierson
    8 years ago

Thanks for this post. This is just what I am using on my screen porch and it shows a good example of what it looks like.

• likewhatyoudo
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Oreiaf- Did you decide on platinum or Delorean gray? I️ we are deciding between those two also. Montauk black slate Floor in a herringbone pattern with a contrasting grout. Leaning towards the platinum for grout but considering white. photo of our bathroom floor before grout.

• sventen
    5 years ago
    Old post I know, but what grout did either of you choose? Am in the same dilemma and would love to see after photos if you have them. Thanks!
  • likewhatyoudo
    5 years ago
    I chose the platinum grout for our floor.
  • likewhatyoudo
    5 years ago
    Some more pictures of the finished hall bathroom
  • lifeisgood926
    3 years ago

What color grout did you choose for the white subway tiles in the shower? I really love the look! Thanks!

• likewhatyoudo
    3 years ago

#Lifeisgood926 thanks! the grout in the shower is 1/16” grout Line nonsanded grout- home Depot brand , Custom building products poly blend #165 Delorean gray. It’s a medium gray color.

• likewhatyoudo
    3 years ago

I added the wrong picture - the platinum is what I used on the floors thus picture is the delorean gray I used on the shower walls.

• lifeisgood926
    3 years ago

Thank you so much! This is so helpful! Your bathroom has been the inspiration for our Reno. Absolutely love it!

• HU-600610195
    3 years ago

#likewhatyoudo I found this post after searching for pics of grout colors to use with our black slate tiles. We are debating delorian grey and pewter but I’m thinking pewter is too blue. This is so helpful! We also have a white shiplap wall and need to paint our vanities. Would you mind telling me what color/sheen you painted the shiplap and color/sheen of your vanity ? Are they the same? Your trim looks a tad brighter than the shiplap but could be lighting. It’s all so great!

• likewhatyoudo
    3 years ago

#hi-600610195

The platinum grout looks white in person we still love it and it was easy to seal the slate and grout all together. For our other bathroom we did a black porcelain tile and used the darker grout delorean and it made a nice contrast.

Wall Paint is sw agreeable gray, Shiplap-sw alabaster satin sheen,
    Trim and vanity cabinet- sw pure white in semigloss .
    Hope this helps!!

• HU-600610195
    3 years ago

Super helpful!!! Thanks for the quick response!