Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carpet 101 help

Posted by lisa_a (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 27, 11 at 16:35

Hi all, I need your help!

We had a bathroom flood that ruined our carpet. We're in the midst of renovating the damaged bathroom and replacing the carpeting, too, but I don't know a thing about buying carpet. The last time we bought carpet was almost 18 years ago when we built this house. We bought quality carpet at the time - if it wasn't for the flood, we wouldn't be replacing it for a few more years - but I don't remember any information about it other than that we bought a plush carpet with a 6 lb pad.

I did a search on this forum but only found threads related to a specific carpet, not a post with an overview about carpet. I've also done a 'net search but all I seem to find are websites sponsored by carpet manufacturers or flooring businesses, which will have a bias towards what they sell. Consumer Reports (we have a on-line subscription) does not have any information about carpeting, only laminate and hardwood flooring.

I'd really appreciate it if someone would help me find information that will help me learn about carpeting. Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carpet 101 help

Here are two links with some information.

http://www.carpetguru.com/

http://www.homecarpetshopping.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Carpet Guru

o
RE: Carpet 101 help

Thank you! I stumbled across Carpet Guru yesterday but I hadn't found the other one yet so I appreciate your posting that suggestion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here