Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

Carpet 101 help

lisa_a
12 years ago

Hi all, I need your help!

We had a bathroom flood that ruined our carpet. We're in the midst of renovating the damaged bathroom and replacing the carpeting, too, but I don't know a thing about buying carpet. The last time we bought carpet was almost 18 years ago when we built this house. We bought quality carpet at the time - if it wasn't for the flood, we wouldn't be replacing it for a few more years - but I don't remember any information about it other than that we bought a plush carpet with a 6 lb pad.

I did a search on this forum but only found threads related to a specific carpet, not a post with an overview about carpet. I've also done a 'net search but all I seem to find are websites sponsored by carpet manufacturers or flooring businesses, which will have a bias towards what they sell. Consumer Reports (we have a on-line subscription) does not have any information about carpeting, only laminate and hardwood flooring.

I'd really appreciate it if someone would help me find information that will help me learn about carpeting. Thanks!!

Comments (2)