Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsshayne_gw

PanTim Kempas vs. Chelsea Plank Ash Flooring (pics)

MrsShayne
10 years ago

I'm having a hard time deciding between two hardwood floors. Here's my dilemma:

Hands down, without anything taken into consideration I LOVE the look of Kempas so much better than my second choice BUT BUT BUT - since it's an exotic wood, I worry with the wood shifting more, especially in the really dry/cold months. The owner warned me over and over how this wood is more susceptible to shifting and changing colors (he even told me not to put rugs down for the first 6-9 months (because of color change) and that I would need a dehumidifier and humidifier year round depending on the temperatures).

Then there's Chelsea Plank hardwood flooring (made in the USA which I like). It comes in a 3" 4" 5" mixed pattern. The lines resemble oak (which I'm not really a big fan since my house looks like it threw up oak and brass - stuff I'd never pick out if I had the original choice). The line variations in the Ash will help hide scratches/dents/etc.

Things to take into consideration:
I have two dogs - rat terriers and they haul A$$ through the house.
Both colors match my house but I feel like the ash looks more country while the Kempas looks more fresh/modern
Both are 3/4" thick
Kempas is 4.19 s/f and Chelsea Ash is $4.40 s/f - so not a real big difference.

HELP! What do I do? Go with the Ash that is less worry but less looks or go with Kempas which is better looks but more worry??? Below are pictures. The Ash comes in two different colors (I-m not sure which I like better yet).

Anything good or bad about these brands? Thanks in advance!

{{gwi:1565279}}

{{gwi:1565280}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals