Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shamrock hardwood flooring - opinions?

Posted by threeberries (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 22, 12 at 14:39

Hi - I want to install wide plank (~5") prefinished hardwood maple flooring in my new construction home. My builder found 5" Maple prefinished premium-grade hardwood (3/4" thick) from Shamrock. I've never heard of this brand before and after doing extensive research can't find any opinions or reviews. I want to make sure this is good quality flooring before I pay gobs of money to install it throughout my house. Doing some rough calculations I think my builder is getting it for about $5.60 per square foot. We did get a sample and I guess it looks fine, but it's hard to know what kind of quality we're getting just from that. Oddly the Shamrock website has almost no information about their flooring. The sample mentioned something about 7 coatings and aluminum oxide for the finish.

Thanks for any feedback on Shamrock.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shamrock hardwood flooring - opinions?

We are getting Shamrock flooring. My brother sells wood floors and that is one of his distributors. I trust him that it is of good quality if that means anything to you.

o

Thanks so much for your response. It's a relief to know at least one other person recommends it. I'll post an update with my experience after it's installed and gets some use in case anyone else is considering Shamrock.

o

Threeberries and Karen.1288:
Would you mind posting your experiences with the Shamrock flooring? I am looking to purchase 1,000 square feet for my house, to be glued over slab, and am looking for some feedback on this brand. I'm considering their Hickory Rancho Madera Toro (7") engineered product. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here