Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pam_f

highly recommend armstrong alterna

pam_f
12 years ago

We just finished installing our new kitchen floor. I was very nervous about our choice and the idea of doing it ourselves. My two biggest fears were a busy pattern and not being able to get it square.

Turned out perfect in everyway. We used the expensive underlayment recommended by armstrong and purchased from our flooring supplier. Best quality and worth every penny.

We used square plastic tile dividers from Lowes and laid the entire floor first. Spent a full day doing that (over 400 sq ft in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry. Totally worth the effort. Spaced the tile so there was the same amount in front of both rows of cabinets in one direction and no small ends going the other direction.

The adhesive was easy to work with as was the grout. End result of 5 days of work was a perfect kitchen floor. Looks great and feels great. The only drawback is you can't see the dirt at all. My dog had an accident in the laundry room last night and it cleaned right up. But I had to really look hard to make sure I got it clean.

I highly recommend this flooring product. We used the Mesa Stone Terracotta/clay.