Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheri_swanson

Help! Choosing floors for new house...

cheri_swanson
12 years ago

Long story short, building house and was going to have dark stained (diluted black) concrete flooring throughout the entire house. Had problem come up with electrical conduit surfacing through living area floor. Builder and I decided that it would be better to install wood flooring in living, breakfast area and kitchen (this is open plan), rather than risk staining the floor and it not looking good. Builder is paying the cost for the wood floors and they will be 5-inch handscraped oak floors. My cabinets and island will be antique white. I thought I wanted dark hardwood floors to blend in with dark scored concrete in foyer and hallways, but when I held a piece of the dark reddish color wood next to the stain it looked bad to me. Should I stay with a dark color to blend with adjoining hallways and foyer, or would a light color wood look ok? My furniture is going to be dark, except for dining table and chairs, which is french country white. I have read posts on here about nightmares keeping darker wood floors clean. I don't have small children, but do have a golden retriever and a cat. I think I am stressing too much over this! Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting