Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to remove grout sealer haze from tile

Posted by alannap (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 07 at 8:38

Hi there,

I have slopped some grout sealer on my porcelain tiles and now I have a haze on the tiles. Can you please recommend a good product to remove the grout sealer haze that is on my tiles?

Thanks!
Alanna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to remove grout sealer haze from tile

Here is a really good site I've been lurking on lately. Lots of good information

Here is a link that might be useful: North American Tile

o

Magic Erasers may take it off, but it depends who much you slopped. I'm not trying to tell you to go out and buy a pallet of them.:)

o

I can tell you that I cleaned soap scum haze off shower stall tiles using wet fabric softener sheets, and elbow grease....restored to brand new!might just work for sealer haze!

o

There are a lot of sealant removal products in the market, you should read the label of the sealant to find out if the manufacturer has a sealant remover, it's recommended to use the same sealant manufacturers sealant removal product.
You can also contact them and ask them what they recommend if they do not sell a sealant remover.

o

Tried magic eraser and it worked great for me.
Thanks for the tip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here