Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Foam adhesive vs standard adhesives for subfloor

Posted by cruzmisl (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 11 at 23:35

Hi All,
Getting hardwood installed next week and I need to address my subfloor first. It was only screwed down when it was built. MY plan is to cut up the existing subfloor, install some sound deadening insulation then glue and screw it back down to eliminate any potential for squeaks.

Anyway I was reading about the new foam adhesives designed for subflors. Apparently they go farther, are strong and don't have the glue "shimming" effect of standard adhesives. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Joe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Foam adhesive vs standard adhesives for subfloor

If this helps anyone I ended up using Dow "Enerbond SF" for the subfloor. It worked really well and is very strong. Very easy to put down with no fatigue since all you have to do is depress the trigger. I ended up doing almost 500sq.ft of subfloor with 1 can and still have some left over. One can is $18 so its very economical too. The subfloor I installed is perfectly level with the existing floor so my goals were achieved.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here