Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for something soft ie not tile for bathroom

Posted by myrtle_59 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 20:29

I am remodeling a small bath. I do not like the feel of tile and had a parent shatter a knee on tile. I love wood but this is a bath that is used for a shower and bath everyday and we drip water.

What else can i use that will handle rhe water, not be too slippery and look decent? This bath is very small, maybe floor space of 6x8 so the per foot price is not so big a deal.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for something soft ie not tile for bathroom

Our contractor swears by using cork: it is warm, you can buy it in sheets, and you can literally oil it with Bioshield hard oil to make it water repellent. I have used the squares before, and was not happy b/c the corners lifted outside the shower with standing water.

o
RE: Looking for something soft ie not tile for bathroom

Some nice bath mats over tile.

Cork -- glue down, not the floating type, with additional finish added after installation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here