Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Indusparquet, Triangulo or Armstong Valenza Engineered BC Floors

susanlynn2012
10 years ago

I am ready to finally redo my floors downstairs from the water damage from the pipe on my water heater exploding from the pressure regulator failing. I have since replaced the water heart, the pressure regulator and all water lines in the house. I just had BR-111 Triangulo (it is now Triangulo since the quality I have seen of the new BR-1111 that is no longer buying form Triangulo and Indusparquet) is terrible and the T-Moldings I bought were not usable so now I am out money for two of them) installed in my home in September 2009 (5" wide & 1/2" with 3 MM wood on top) and now I have to remove all of the floors which is a job in itself due to my home office.

I am trying to decided between three engineered wood Brazilian Cherry floors. I wish I could go with solid but I live on a slab. I had 5" but I want to go with 3.25" to 4" this time since not so much floor is showing in my home office and I want more color variation.

First there is the expensive 3.5" wide Valenza Collection with 4 MM sawn cut wood on top that has an amazing scratch resistant coating and is 5/8th thick but it is made in Tiawon/China now so I am not sure if I can trust it for not outgassing.

Then there is the Indusparquet 3.25" but only 3/8th thick floor with a sawn cut of 3 MM of wood on top. I have seen the solid wood and it is beautiful but I am going with the engineered wood version as I am floating my floor again.

Then there is Triangulo which I have now I the 5" wide but I would be going with the 3.25" wide 3/8th thick sawn cut 3 MM of wood on top of the plywood.

I still like the Brazilian Cherry enough that I want to stay with this floor.

Any opinions and any pictures?

Comments (6)

• User
    10 years ago

While the Valenza is nice, it's shockingly (!) expensive. I've done Triangulo and have no problem with it. I have no experience with or knowledge (negative or positive) on Indusparquet.

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    10 years ago

JFCWood, thank you for your input. I know that is what is bothering me about the Valenza that is is so expensive and despite samples from 2009 being so difficult to stratch or dent, I know that Armstrong is now manufacturing the product in Chinese/Tiawanese countries I was told when I called Armstrong up so I wonder if the quality control will not be so great. I have a home office so I wanted the commercial grade floor but now I am wondering if all wood floors scratch and to save my money and go with the 3.25" Triangulo. I have the 5" wide now that BR-111 was selling that got damaged by the pipe exploding on my water heater. I ended up not liking the long boards and the wider boards as it gave me less color variation in my home office. I just wish the 3.25" wide Brazilian Cherry Floors would be thicker as they are only 3/8th inch thick while the 5" wide are 4/8th inch thick. I love the sample I have of the Valenza as it is 5/8th thick with 4 MM of sawn cut wood on top. Maybe too much wood on top will act like a wood floor and expand and contract too much?

• User
    10 years ago

I don't know for sure but my impression is that the whole Valenza line was always made in China. It's a beefy product. I suppose that if you are in a house you intend to live in for 50 years, you could say the Valenza is worth the money since it should last that long and be refinished 2 or 3 times. The wear layer on the other products isn't as thick. The wood should be similar in indentation resistance but there might be some merit to the durability of the Valenza finish. In my experience, the thicker wear layer is only consequential with respect to stability if the floor gets flooded.

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    10 years ago

JFCWood, I have a concrete slab floor so I will be floating the floor. Which floor will be better for a home office that has file cabinets sitting on it and has clients coming to visit to sit in front of my desk. Will the thicker wear layer have problems from moisture changes? I try to keep my humidity constant in here and my new central air conditioner really keeps the humidity less than 50% in the summer time so I no longer needed the dehumidifiers. In the winter time, I use humidifiers and always did even before getting a hardwood floor as I do not like my room too dry or too humid. But which floor will cause me less problems?

• User
    10 years ago

Hi,

They should all be pretty equal, however, of any, the Valenza might tend to move more with that thick top layer. It's been out a long time but I think Armstrong retooled the line recently. It might have been to tighten up the tongues and grooves for use in floating installations.
    For me I'd pick the Triangulo for the price and since I've laid plenty without issue.

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you JFCWood for your input. I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know. I will let you and everyone else know what I decide when my new samples comes in. I am going to compare the Brazilian Cherry to Birch stained the color I want and Maple stained the color I want and then decide. I am back to leaning towards the Triangulo as I read it was made in the USA and Brazil with no or low vocs. I just feel better since the Armstrong product is harder to stratch but it is so expensive and I wish it had only 3MM of real wood on top and not 4 MM of wood at a lower cost. I do love the 3.5" width of the Valenza Collection.