Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chgojudyinaz

Anybody have Reward Hardwood floors?

chgojudyinaz
13 years ago

I am thinking of installing Reward Flooring Paramount Plank engineered hardwood. Does anybody have this installed and have you been happy? How could I find out whether this is good quality hardwood?

Thanks!

Comments (25)

• ksd51
    11 years ago

I would also like to know about Reward Floors. What people think of the overall quality from this company. The floor I am considering is Reward Reflections Classic. Also, what do you think of an engineered floor with 1/2" board thickness, 3mm wear layer, micro beveled ends and edges,subtle hand scrape, semi gloss finish handscrape. Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

• andy4220
    10 years ago

Did you decide to install flooring from the reward flooring collection? If so, how is it holding up? I'm considering installing approx 1100 sqft of this flooring in my home.

• sandracraig
    3 years ago

Anyone who might be reading this now... I put this in and LOVE It. Great value, great quality, looks fab.

• Brian MacKenzie
    3 years ago

@sandracraig would you be willing to share a picture?

• Sonia Diwa
    3 years ago

@sandracraig how long have you had it installed and do you have any pets? Thank you so much for posting the pictures.

• Sarah Lin
    3 years ago

Love to know which color you used!

• lewhip
    3 years ago

Thanks for posting photos. We're looking at installing Reward Costa Capri. The rustic grade makes me a little nervous that there will be too many "character" marks, but @sandracraig floors look amazing!

• lewhip
    3 years ago

@sarahlin It's the Reward Costa Collection European Oak. The color is Luna. It was the other color we were considering.

• sandracraig
    3 years ago

That info is correct. We have a dog and three kids and have had no issues. Luna is fab at hiding everything. When it was installed early on before cabinetry and other finishes we had a few people ask how we were finishing it...so it definitely has that unfinished raw wood vibe. Very beachy. Soft on the feet. Not slippery. Nice texture.

• ltsoi
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@sandracraig hi! Thanks for sharing your Luna floors! We’ve been shopping recently and have been going crazy over the different white oak options, and these real world pics are super helpful. If you have a chance, would you be able to share any additional shots of your home with the flooring? Leaning towards this flooring, but want to make 100% sure. Also, we’ve got a large Labrador too!

• A G
    3 years ago

@sandracraig thanks for sharing. How long has it been since you put these floors in ? What kind of an install did you do?

• ltsoi
    3 years ago

@lewhip did you ever install Capri? Pictures? My wife and I are indecisive, between Luna or Capri.

• lewhip
    3 years ago

Yes, we love it. Our kitchen cabinets are an Italian melamine (Cleaf) and the Capri looked a little warmer. I took these photos at dusk with the interior lights on so the floor looks a little darker in some of the shots.

• lewhip
    3 years ago

The 1st and 3rd photos most accurately show the true color.

• Merilee Andrus
    2 years ago

@lewhip May I ask - how is the texture on this beautiful floor? Is it wire brushed with a rough top, or is it fairly smooth to walk on? So many these days look gorgeous but don't feel very nice on bare feet!

• PRO
    Nicole Miranda Interiors
    2 years ago

houzz://user/sandracraig How are the Luna floors holding up now? I’m having them installed as we speak. Just curious if you still love them.

• lewhip
    2 years ago

The floor feels fairly smooth to me - although I noticed in the winter when I would wear socks, it wore holes in the soles after a few months!

The floor is holding up great! No problems. Still love it!

• heather495
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@Nicole Miranda Interiors Can you post some pictures of your Luna floors? I am about to order these and would love to see them in a real house! I love Sandra's that she posted above but would love to see another!

• PRO
    Nicole Miranda Interiors
    2 years ago

Here are a few. House is a work in progress. The wall color is making the floors look more yellow than they are in person. I can post after we paint too but that’s not for a few weeks. (I had my installer do a black-washed faux inlay to indicate a step-down as you can see in the second and third photos). I’m very happy with them. Exactly the beachy, casual look I was going for. Word of advice, order plenty of extra. There were several pieces in every box that didn’t meet my expectations (cracks/too dark/way too many filled knots, etc) so we had to order more.

• mbullach
    2 years ago

@lewhip Your floors look beautiful! We are going back and forth between the Vasto and Capri...looking for a warm, light caramel color. Are there any knots in Capri? I can't tell from the pictures.

• loriwhipple15
    2 years ago

Yes, there are knots. At first I wasn't sure I liked the imperfections, but now I think they're a beautiful feature.

• mbullach
    2 years ago

@loriwhipple15 Thank you. Can you share pictures in natural day light? Is the floor a warm caramel color? Some of the pictures posted in this thread look a bit lighter, while the large sample we received was more of a caramel color.

• N P
    last year

Hello! Following up on the quality of Reward Flooring! Has anyone installed PROVENCE II EUROPEAN OAK in the color LERAN? We are trying to decide on hardwood for a renovation and this seems to be the best color match for existing cabinets etc. but we don’t know much about the quality of the floor. Thanks in advance!

• Sandy K
    5 months ago

I have Reward Costa Testa.It immediately began cupping all over my house and replacing it would be a nightmare because we would have to basucally move out. It can’t be sanded enough to remove the cupped edges and it‘s a toxic process to stain and finish it with the UV finish so we are stuck. Very very, unhappy. I’ve now got flooring guys telling me that the 4mm wear layer is thin…made a huge mistake choosing this product. Also, it looks nothing like the sample on the website. Theres a ton of very white areas which also were not represented on the sample boards i borrowed.