Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grout for vinyl tile more cleanable

Posted by rebaw (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 10, 11 at 19:50

i don't want to clean grout but hubbie wants to put down armstrong vinyl tiles with a small grout line between them. THe guy at the floor store said it was different grout and easier to keep clean. True? I can't seem to find any threads about the allure tile planks or the armstrong vinyl tiles for bathrooms. One floor guy said no way for the vinyl tiles in the bathroom...water will get in between the cracks. Hubbie does not want to do sheet linoleum...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grout for vinyl tile more cleanable

We put Armstrong Luxury Alterna vinyl tile in our mud room, laundry room, and powder room. I love it!! It's gorgeous. It was put down with no grout line. Before they installed the tile, a membrane is put down on the floor, and the tile is installed on this membrane, so its really a floating floor. No one mentioned to me about water being a problem. Not the salesman, the installer, or our GC.

o

what is the "membrane"? We are just getting ready to install the armstrong luxery alterna vinyl tile and have not read about this step. We will be putting down (with nails) an underlayment wood (luana type) board and than using the provided adhesive.

Please help! I am very anxious to do it right.

Thanks - Pam

o

You mean grout like the Congoleum Dura-Ceramic uses?

o

About a year ago, we did Armstrong Alterna in our bathroom. No water issues at all, no mention from the flooring store about any kind of plastic membrane, it's glued direct on the plywood underlay.
Floor looks great, grout has been easy to clean, but I'm a bad judge of that - I have very low standards for "clean"! I'm very pleased with it, we just picked a different color of Alterna for our kitchen remodel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here