Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flooring Novice: Installing Trafficmaster Allure- A few Q's

Posted by olivesmom (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 5, 11 at 19:47

Hello, I've never installed flooring before and I'm considering doing our entire first floor (1,000 sq ft) in HD's Trafficmaster Allure vinyl plank flooring in hickory. I currently have a pergo like wood laminate that I don't care for. It is in okay shape, I just dislike the color and the sound. Before I tear out all of the existing wood laminate I was thinking of trying it in a 10x13 playroom first.

Would it be possible to remove the baseboards and lay the trafficmaster allure out over the existing laminate, see how it wears and then if I like it pull up the laminate and put the assembled vinyl plank back down over the subfloor? I'm nervous about permanently removing the current flooring and not liking the allure product.

Also, I want the allure trafficmaster to look as real as possible. How should I stagger it? More them 1/3rd and 2/3rds? The plank size is 6"x36".

Thanks in advance for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flooring Novice: Installing Trafficmaster Allure- A few Q's

I have installed this flooring in several rooms and love it.
No it doesn't feel like wood floors when you walk on it though.

No I don't see any reason why you couldn't put it on top of he laminate. It does not stick to the subfloor. They just stick to each other.

o
RE: Flooring Novice: Installing Trafficmaster Allure- A few Q's

it be possible to remove the baseboards and lay the trafficmaster allure out over the existing laminate, see how it wears and then if I like it pull up the laminate and put the assembled vinyl plank back down over the subfloor?

I was curious about the Trafficmaster Allure vinyl plank flooring, so searched a bit on it. I found this at the link below.

"The vinyl planks stick to one other with pre-applied adhesive on the edges, without a need for any additional glue, and the only recommended tool for installation is a razor knife." so I don't think that taking it up and then putting it back down, would be an option

You might want to read through this thread....Novalis peel-and-stick vinyl planks -- feedback?. I read it yesterday and was very impressed and think that is what I will go with for several areas in my home. It is about 1/2 the cost of Allure and what I think is particularly nice is that if plank gets damaged, it can be taken up and a new one easily installed.

Maybe you would like to try it in a small area first?

Google images for novalis peel and stick It is available at Lowe's.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trafficmaster Allure

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here