Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottmel_gw

Carpet advice need for finshed basement - 1000 sq feet

scottmel
11 years ago

Well the time has come to replace my AWFUL berber in the finished basement! I don't want any plush or loop carpet - more like a home office style carpet. Lowes seems to have a decent sale on Stainmaster with 249 install. I have a 30 x 30 basement with an attached 12 x 16 office down there. ANY advice on carpet that will remain looking GOOD for years to come? No real worries on stains, etc. No small kids, etc. PRice range per square foot wtih padding to keep in mind? Thanks! I LOVE this carpet and could get it atPRO SOURCE for around 3800 installed but boy I did't want to spend that much!

http://www.maslandcarpets.com/bldetail.asp?id=64

Comments (2)

• lizatgar
    11 years ago

I'm considering carpet tiles for my basement. It's easy DIY and Home Depot has a lot of selections for under $2 per spare feet. I haven't done it so can't tell about the result, but the reviews at Home Depot website look positive.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Depot carpet tiles

• scrappy25
    11 years ago

We put in a low loop design with some stainmaster type treatment, from HD. There is a pattern of squares created by the weaving which seems to "hide" the wear pattern and also dirt. MY best advice is to buy a roomba for the basement and run it regularly to keep dirt from being ground in, and to refresh the carpet. I usually run it while I work out, and feel doubly virtuous :).