Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wi_sailorgirl

Any experience with Teragren Porfolio?

wi-sailorgirl
13 years ago

We've narrowed down our flooring choices (we think) to either the Teragren Synergy (which we'd use a professional installer for) or the Teragren Porfolio (which is a click and lock that we would install ourselves). Once the installer's labor is factored in, they are close in price.

Unfortunately, the Portfolio line seems to be fairly new and there is no one near me that carries it. That's OK from an ordering standpoint as I'm finding prices online to be much more reasonable that local store prices (I'd rather give the business to the local stores, but for $2 a foot difference and no interest in matching prices the Internet has it on this one), however I wish I could see a large sample of the color I'm interested in. The sample I ordered (For $7 no less) is all of 4 inches long and for a floor with a lot of color variations, that's not very helpful.

So I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Portfolio line or has seen it (particularly Darby Brown) in person and could tell me if what I'm seeing online is accurate.

Also wondering how the installation went. We're relatively proficient DIYers and we're doing two more or less rectangular rooms, but I don't want to screw it up. The only way we could swing the Portfolio (which I think I like better) over the Synergy is if we did the install.

By the way, on a sidenote, I called Teragren to find a local place that carried the Portfolio line and called the two places they gave me. Not did those place not carry the line, neither had even heard of Teragren flooring!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions