Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any experience with Teragren Porfolio?

Posted by wi-sailorgirl (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 15, 10 at 17:45

We've narrowed down our flooring choices (we think) to either the Teragren Synergy (which we'd use a professional installer for) or the Teragren Porfolio (which is a click and lock that we would install ourselves). Once the installer's labor is factored in, they are close in price.

Unfortunately, the Portfolio line seems to be fairly new and there is no one near me that carries it. That's OK from an ordering standpoint as I'm finding prices online to be much more reasonable that local store prices (I'd rather give the business to the local stores, but for $2 a foot difference and no interest in matching prices the Internet has it on this one), however I wish I could see a large sample of the color I'm interested in. The sample I ordered (For $7 no less) is all of 4 inches long and for a floor with a lot of color variations, that's not very helpful.

So I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Portfolio line or has seen it (particularly Darby Brown) in person and could tell me if what I'm seeing online is accurate.

Also wondering how the installation went. We're relatively proficient DIYers and we're doing two more or less rectangular rooms, but I don't want to screw it up. The only way we could swing the Portfolio (which I think I like better) over the Synergy is if we did the install.

By the way, on a sidenote, I called Teragren to find a local place that carried the Portfolio line and called the two places they gave me. Not did those place not carry the line, neither had even heard of Teragren flooring!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any experience with Teragren Porfolio?

Hello,

I am a Regional Sales Manager with Teragren Fine Bamboo. Both of your options are great ones. In terms of durability, design, and environmental stewardship, there are no better than Teragren Fine Bamboo. The Synergy product line is offered in two constructions. The Synergy Solid Strip MPL is suitable for a glue down and nailing installations. The Synergy Wide Plank Floating Floor is designed with a patented locking tongue and groove that may lend itself ease to a DIY style project. The Portfolio Collection may be either glued or floated in installation. The Portfolio Collection is engineered with an extraordinary drop-locking tongue and groove mechanism that may be the most DIY friendly product in hardsurface flooring. An instructional video may be found here http://teragren.com/ad/installation_portfolio.html.

As for Darby Brown, the room scene photography does create a nice depiction of the material. However, room scene photography is brightly lit for optimal grain ehhancement of a dark floor. I feel that in a real life home settings, lighting tends to be more ambient and muted and doesn't pronounce the individual color variation that is inherent in the material as greatly. So take that into consideration with your design.

I would be happy to help you further with your questions and also help you to source your flooring selection from an authorized Teragren Fine Bamboo Retailer. My email address is matthew@teragren.com. Please email me your contact information and I will give you a call.

Thank you for selecting Teragren Fine Bamboo Flooring!

o

Thanks, Matthew ... email on the way.

o

Hi wi-sailor girl,

My husband and I are seriously considering the darby brown from the portfolio collection for most of house and kitchen. Can you tell me if the color is the same as the images online and where you ended up buying from - online or from a store?

Thanks for your help!

o

The Darby Brown from the Portfolio Collection is beautiful in this picture. Let me know if anyone chooses this and please send in pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Darby Brown from the Portfolio Collection is beautiful

o
Link to retail dealers - RE: Any experience with Teragren Porfoli

Link to find a Teregren Floor Dealer- Amazing I have so many dealers near me but I already did my downstairs floors

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to find a Teregren Floor Dealer- Amazing I have so many dealers near me but I already did my downstairs floors

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here