Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marmoleum flooring

Posted by Carolyn1963 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 30, 11 at 17:00

We are considering using Marmoleum flooring in our entry, hallway and kitchen. We will not be using the Marmoleum Click. What have been your experiences with this product as far as durability, cleaning, and comfort?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marmoleum flooring

We have had the sheet Marmoleum in our kitchen and downstairs bathroom for 5 or 6 years and it still looks brand new. It is easy to take care of and warm underfoot. That said, I have friends who have it in their kitchen and it looks scuffed and scratched. They don't wear outdoor shoes in the house (neither do we) and they only have one kid, but they do have a dog. I would have a totally different impression of the stuff if I had only seen theirs. I absolutely love the stuff, though-- it cleans easily, too-- I do the super-thorough clean and condition thing maybe twice a year.

o

Color has a lot to do with how much scuffing will show.

o

What color do you have vs your friends? Our designer suggested something darker. What kind of super cleaning do you do?

o

It's a floor covering...it's supposed to get walked on and show use. Scuffing is to be expected. It's the nature of the beast.

o

We have one of the swirlier neutral colors in the kitchen. Mostly I just wipe up spills and vacuum the crumbs, but a couple of times a year, I get up close and personal with it, crank up my iPod, and sit on the floor with a bucket of warm soapy water and a nylon scrubbie and go after those marks and stubborn sticky things that have materialized. After it dries, I rub on what I call the 'conditioner," but I forget what Marmoleum calls it. It makes it look brand new.

And I guess there is some scuffing on my floor, too if I look up close with my glasses on (why would I do that?) but you really can't see it under normal conditions. My friends scuffed-looking floor is virtually the same color pattern as ours. I'll have to ask her what the heck she's been doing in there.

o

I think oak flooring because it looks beautiful and it is very easy to clean. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here