Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help....Travertine Etched--Pine-Sol

Posted by bowyer123 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 16:55

Long story short, our new housekeeper apparently put Pine-Sol on our travertine floor. It's etched...bad!

Hopefully you can see it in the picture. I counted, 15-16 tiles are affected. Is there any DIY remedy or will I need to call an expert (the installer) and have it fixed. Or will I need to replace the tiles.

We're sick about this....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help....Travertine Etched--Pine-Sol

The etch would be less apparent with a more matte finish on the floors. Perhaps when you are having the flooring professional grind out the etch, you could take the rest of the floor to a more honed finish to disguise this problem better in the future. Because it will happen again when the stone is exposed to any acidic material. That's just part of having any travertine or marble floor. You can seal it well enough to keep the stains out, but not the etching.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here