Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Allure and quarter round

Posted by bunkster2 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 14, 11 at 15:55

I am using Trafficmaster Allure again for three large connected rooms that currently have carpet. (I've already used it in my kitchen for over four years and it's worked out great.)

However my installer is not big on pulling all the old baseboard and although we've used quarter round in other areas that were not originally carpeted, he thinks we can likely just slide the edge of the allure plank in the depth that was used by carpet before. In other words, avoid removing baseboard and not using quarter round for the 1/4 gap for floating. Does this sound OK? Am skeptical, but with such a huge area, am also not knocking the purchase of that much quarter round.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Allure and quarter round

I'm guessing that time will tell. I imagine he can slide the plank under the baseboard just fine, but am guessing that there might be more of a gap there then you would like. I'm not a big fan of quarter round (extreme dustcatcher), so if there is a gap, I'd prefer the baseboards be removed and dropped down, if that is possible.

I'd love to see pictures of the finished floors.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here