Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
extra box of hardwood flooring

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 29, 12 at 15:25

We had hw in our open concept fr that transitioned to vinyl in the kitchen. The prior owner had extra wood stored in the garage. It was fine. We decided to do the kitchen with the same wood. The floor people found the product was still made. In case the new product was slightly different they used some of the old from the garage, mixed with some new transition from fr to kitchen...or at least that was my understanding. The job came out fine but we were left with a single box of extra hw and a few pieces. They have now been stored in the garage for a few years. Well, I need the sapce in the garage and I want to move box of wood stored there....but where? I have 2 options....under a bed or in the shed? Thoughts...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: extra box of hardwood flooring

If by a shed you mean an environment that isn't temperature or humidity controlled, then I'd have to say that you want to store it under the bed. You won't have to worry about rodents nesting in it, or a possible leak destroying it, and it'll be right at the home's relative humidity should you need to replace a damaged plank in the main floor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here