Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dspen_gw

Another Vinyl Plank Thread

dspen
11 years ago

Hi everyone

We are in the process of shopping for flooring for our basement which is a walkout. About 550 sq ft of flooring is needed. We think we have eliminated carpet and ceramic tile and hardwoods. We are leaning away from laminate. Have been seriously looking into the vinyl plank.

I just got back from a floor covering store and they had a product that I beleive Shaw makes. Its not an interlock system, you actually lay down a very thin underlayment and then glue each plank to that underlayment. They consider it a floating floor. They had a good size amount installed in their entry of the store and it has been down about a year and looks fabulous.

Has anyone out there heard of this? Do you think its possible to use the underlayment under a less expensive vinyl plank and glue each piece rather than just rely on the edges sticking? The cost of the underlayment is .30/sq ft and I was quoted the glue that is uses runs about .30/sq ft, which I think is pricey.

I am very worried about some of the comments on various threads that the edges start to lift up.

We want to do the most we can with our budget but dont want to make a costly mistake.

I am open to opinions and suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Diane

Comments (2)