Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peri7374_gw

Any one used Crossville Color Blox tile? How was the finish?

Peri7374
9 years ago

Hi i have a question about the finish. I just received several boxes of Crossville Color Blox tiles. In _every_ single sample that I have seen, the finish was smooth and consistent (I don't mean shiny. I did not get the shiny finish), but the many of the tiles that i actually received were mottled and looked like the finish was poorly applied. I mean the texture of the finish, not the color. i expected variation with the color, but i expected the finish to be consistent. My tile store tells me that this is the norm, but I wanted to get some other opinions. These feel like seconds to me. I am attaching a picture of what i expected (which is about 40% of the tiles) and what i didn't expect (which is about 60% of the tiles). (the color variation is fine) I would REALLY appreciate some input on what these are supposed to look like. The Crossville site calls the finish "distinctively minimalistic texture and shading" that is not what i got. but did i get what they are really like? Please help.