Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
asam33

Grout Color?

asam33
9 years ago

I am grouting tonight for the first time and asked my friends what I should use for the tile I selected (see photo). All of them said tan color. What would you guys use?

I bought some stuff and it has the color on the box in photo, what do you guys think?

I am not very good at visualizing.

The room will have oak trim and tan colorored granite top and tan colored stacked stone backsplash

Comments (6)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I would go darker.

• asam33
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Like darker brown or grey?

• StoneTech
    9 years ago

Simply pick a grout that is lighter than the darkest colours and darker than the lightest colours. You can't go wrong with that....

• ralphevans
    9 years ago

Opting for light neutral colored grouts in grays, beiges and browns is probably the safest be. By contrasting the tile and grout colors, you draw attention to the pattern and layout of the tile overall. This may be the best choice with detailed geometric or decorative patterns. These days we see a lot of white subway tile with darker grout. Some people love this contrasting, bold and historic look.

• cleanfreak_2010
    9 years ago

Personally, I would go one shade darker than the darkest color in the tile. It will better resemble a real wood floor, and will hide dirt. Love your tile, btw!

• glennsfc
    9 years ago

Just one step darker...no more.