Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ceramic tile - grout discoloration issues

Posted by rolltyde1 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 29, 11 at 11:19

Last week we laid tile in the family room. On Wed night we grouted. It is now Sat morning and there are still parts that don't look completely dry. They are discolored. Slightly darker than the rest of the grout lines. I'm not sure what happened or how to fix. Friday night at the 48 hour dry mark I tried to use this haze tile and grout cleaner I bought at Lowes. It did not seem to help much. Although I do think it worked a little or I am just getting confused looking at these lines too long. ha ha. Any thougths?

Here is a link that might be useful: pic of grout

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ceramic tile - grout discoloration issues

Typically, the grout can vary depending on a lot of factors. Some Companies' grout is famous for that. An example is Custom's grout in light browns and grays. Another factor is the installer. Were ALL the batches mixed the same? Did they use too much water in some areas in cleaning the grout/tile? Are you on well water? Are the stars in proper alignment? Many factors contribute to this.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here