Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitchenkrazed09

Repairing Water Damaged Floor

kitchenkrazed09
12 years ago

I have Santos Mahogany flooring that was site-finished 8 months ago with Bona Traffic in the satin finish. When the baseboard covers were installed, the heating pipe was punctured, which leaked water and caused the floor to buckle in a section about 3' x 10' or so.

My contractor is having his floor refinisher repair it. Can the refinisher just sand and refinish the section that was damaged, as opposed to resanding the entire floor? I know when it is freshly sanded, the red color of the mahogany will show more than the rest of the floor. (The first time it was sanded, the red was very bright and then calmed down quite a bit after a couple of days.) Will the color of the refinished section eventually fade enough to match the remaining floor or will it always be behind? (The entire floor has been and still is covered by rosin paper and then thick cardboard to protect it during the remaining construction, so it hasn't seen much sunlight. I also haven't noticed much color change in it since after the first week it was sanded.) Thanks very much in advance!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio