Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nuheat mats installation

Posted by meltitus (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 26, 09 at 5:48

In what rooms is Nuheat usually installed? Is it can be installed even in bathrooms?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nuheat mats installation

That's where it's USUALLY installed.

o

Nuheat is perfect for master bathrooms, kitchens, kids bathrooms, mudrooms, sunrooms and family rooms; really, any room where you spend time and would appreciate a warm floor. Many people tell that the Master Bathroom is installed first and then the desire for more heated floors spreads to other rooms.

Here is a link that might be useful: nuheat mats

o

Julie-- are you a rep? If so, glad to have you in here!!

o
Installing Nu Heat Pads

We are installing Nu Heat Pads in the Kitchen, Sunroom, Office, Bedroom, Master En-suite and Guest bathroom.
nu,heat,install,procedure,pictures,how,to

Make sure the subfloor is clean, clean, clean

We used Laticrete 253 Gold

Set into the thin set and work into the fleece matting.

I have a bunch more pictures at my Photo Bucket Account of this process.

Here is a link that might be useful: Installing Nu Heat Pads in Vancouver

o
Removing Air Bubbles from the Nu Heat Pad install

So the pads went in fairly well it was just at the folds that we had some larger air pockets. I cut these out and skimmed over top and she is good.

All in all this was a very straight forward installation. We are having a speciality concrete coating pumped into these rooms and the look will be very contemporary. Nu Heat here in Vancouver is excited about the end look and is using our little install as a case study.

Hope it turns out right!

Any tricks you pro Nu Heat installers use to flatten down these creases. On one fold I tried a simple 2"x4" and a 5 gallon bucket of water. That was the only crease that did not need attention. To insure I did not stress the mat when I removed the 2"x4" I gave it a light tap sideways before I picked it up off the ground.

Still two more matts to go in. And so much drywall repairs. And to think we should up just to install a tile top point drain and provide a vapour and waterproofing for the steam shower...

JW

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here