Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jojogirl11

Travertine Look-alike

jojogirl11
14 years ago

I just wanted to share about a tile I found recently. I love the look of travertine, but have had some bad experiences with what I think was Mexican travertine in our home. So, I've been looking for alternatives that will be easy to keep.

I went into our realtor's office a few weeks ago, and noticed how beautiful the "travertine" floors were. Well, I couldn't resist getting a closer look, so I went into the bathroom and inspected the floor up close. To my surprise, it was not travertine! I couldn't believe it - it looked SOOO real. And I live with travertine everyday, so I shouldn't have been fooled. It was beautiful. The kind people at the realty office gave me one of the tiles, and with a little research, I found it. I thought I'd share it with anyone who might be interested here:

http://www.mosaictileco.com/serenissima_cir_capri_cross_cut_noce_ceramic_and_porcelain_tile_options.htm

Comments (9)

• juserm5
    14 years ago

This sounds exactly what I am looking for and I have been to a Mosaic tile showroom (you aren't associated, are you? 8-)

thanks!!!

Kitchen floor
    Porcelain - travertine look
    Shade variation v2-v4
    High slip resistance
    High durability (PEI 4+)
    Mutiple sizes to support hopscotch or Versallies tile patterns
    Ideally rectified to support small grout lines

• jojogirl11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No, not an associate. I'm in Texas. I'm wondering if that store ships to TX - do you know how much they are asking per 17" tile at your store?

• chrisk_2010
    13 years ago

Also Petra Latina at Arizona Tile looks like travertine. We have it in most of our house and love it.

• llcp93
    13 years ago

We put in a ceramic rectified porcelain that is 17x17 and had it laid with 1/8 grout line. We replaced prefinished veneer wood floor that just could not and did not hold up to daily wear and tear.
    I too, love the look of travertine but had several friends who had the real thing and experienced different issues.
    I love this tile. It is so easy. I do not have to worry about resealing, staining, etc. It also compliments the real travertine backsplash.

• llcp93
    13 years ago

I was incorrect earlier about our tile. It is 19.7x19.7
    I found 2 boxes in the attic today. I looked it up on the web and can find it nowhere. I bought it at a neighborhood specialty tile store. They had about 25-30 tiles laid as a sample on their floor. I took a photo of the box.

• cindylood
    13 years ago

What is the approximate cost per square foot of the travertine look-alike? It is beautiful.

• tinytexan
    13 years ago

We decided to put the Daltile San Michele in our remodel. It will cover over 1050 sq ft of our house. I'm a little nervous, but it looks beautiful so here's hoping! I will post photos when done.

• llcp93
    13 years ago

If I bought it strait from the tile store, it was $9.50 per sf and I still had to find an installer. I work with a floor company for my carpet that can buy from the tile store and they can buy it cheaper and install it for a total of $8.25 sf installed. The tile is imported from Italy and was one of the few available in 2005 that was rectified and could be laid with 1/8" grout lines. There are many more on the market today that may be better priced.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz