Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reggie4_gw

Casabella Hardwood

reggie4
15 years ago

I visited three reputable flooring stores today and they all sell this brand "Casabella hardwood". It is significantly cheaper and comes from China. I am looking at buying oak solid pre-finished. Any comments? Reggie4

Comments (8)

• sweetwillie
    15 years ago

Good question,I too am curious if anyone has this flooring. I have seen it at some bigger flooring stores near me. I was drawn to the Asian Walnut. It was on sale for 4.99 sf
    Can anyone please advise if they have this product. Also the samples of the Asian Walnut I have seem pretty soft. Is walnut a soft species

• amelia66
    11 years ago

Msg to Soraya 2008 - I am considering installing Casabella Handscraped Asian Walnut. I know you installed it about 4 years ago. How are your floors holding up. Were you happy with your decision.

Would appreciate any feedback you have for me.

• UniqueWoodFloor
    11 years ago

Asian Walnut is also called Acacia or Acacia Walnut flooring. There are big and small leaf Acacia or Asian Walnut. They are both from China. While small leaf is quite hard and with tight and more beautiful grain pattern, the big leaf is light in weight with more plain grain patterns. Small leaf Acacia trees are small size shrubs. So the floor boards are usually shorter from 1 to 4 feet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Small leaf Acacia Hand Scraped

• Margaretbetty
    9 years ago

We put in a Casabella hickory floor. Very poor quality wood - it varies considerably in thickness so there are big gaps in the floor and it isn't level. Wasn't even well finished - the tooling marks so rough that it felt like you were walking on Velcro when you hit parts of the flooring that had no finish on them. A lot of very short boards too. I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

• cfox449
    7 years ago

had my floor 4 months, hickory. scratching and peeling everywhere.

• Naf_Naf
    6 years ago

Soraya, any chance you can send me a private message? Thank you

• Sherrie Springer
    6 years ago

This post has been going on for a few years now, however I am hoping some one has some info for me. I too purchased casabella flooring in Oct 2015. I was told that it was hickory but in doing research I believe it is birch. My floor is peeling and missing chunks

It does have some scratches from my pets, however the previous Bruce hardwood was down for 10 years before it started to show signs of wear. A good quality floor should be able to stand up to traffic. There are other areas that are peeling especially at the seems in very low traffic areas that I am having issues with.

Has anyone had good results with the manufacturer and the place where it was purchased in getting issues resolved?

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio