Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Casabella Hardwood

Posted by reggie4 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 23, 08 at 0:00

I visited three reputable flooring stores today and they all sell this brand "Casabella hardwood". It is significantly cheaper and comes from China. I am looking at buying oak solid pre-finished. Any comments? Reggie4

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Casabella Hardwood

Good question,I too am curious if anyone has this flooring. I have seen it at some bigger flooring stores near me. I was drawn to the Asian Walnut. It was on sale for 4.99 sf
Can anyone please advise if they have this product. Also the samples of the Asian Walnut I have seem pretty soft. Is walnut a soft species

o

I am having Casabella Hardwood in a antique handscraped asian walnut installed in two weeks time. I love the look of it, but am still a little nervous as I have not been able to find out anything whilst researching on the web about this flooring.

Our floor guy tells me it is a good quality floor.

If you do have any luck finding out any info I would love to hear it.

o

Msg to Soraya 2008 - I am considering installing Casabella Handscraped Asian Walnut. I know you installed it about 4 years ago. How are your floors holding up. Were you happy with your decision.

Would appreciate any feedback you have for me.

o

Asian Walnut is also called Acacia or Acacia Walnut flooring. There are big and small leaf Acacia or Asian Walnut. They are both from China. While small leaf is quite hard and with tight and more beautiful grain pattern, the big leaf is light in weight with more plain grain patterns. Small leaf Acacia trees are small size shrubs. So the floor boards are usually shorter from 1 to 4 feet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Small leaf Acacia Hand Scraped

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here