Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolitis

Costco Strand Bamboo by Wellmade

carolitis
10 years ago

We were planning on putting laminate in a low end rental property. After seeing the Costco Golden Arawana Strand Woven Bamboo was considering this instead. I scratched the sample with a razor and scratch rubbed right out with my finger.
When I went to the website, the warnings about moisture and adhering to the installation perimeters put me off a little though, I knew we could conform, and since we are in NC, we certainly are humid enough.
So I called their tech people at Wellmade. They were extremely helpful and offered to advise me if I faxed in a plan.
They said had 0 complaints from Costco sales. That they made that page very intimidating so people would take the differences in installation seriously.
I had heard that there were mixed reviews about bamboo floors, but when I researched learned that the product varied extremely.
Everything I learned about this one sounded great. Strand woven Bamboo so super hard, is uni-click so easy installation, 13 coats of aluminum oxide on top for protection, is a darker color with some variation in it rather than the simple light bamboo we often see, has a 50 year wear warranty, 25 year structural warranty which is great warranty. Can be refinished down the line if needed.Is more moisture resistant than either laminate or hardwood floors.
They said that even if a DIYer installs as they instruct in diagram they honor the warranty where many companies do not unless a pro installs. I think he said it was on the Janka scale way over 2000 psi.
Costco has always had the best warranties in the business in other products.
Compared to buying laminate ( probably Pergo) it seems like a no brainer.
So what I really would like to know is any experiences anyone has with this product? Costco or Wellmade Brand Golden Arawana Clic together floating Strand Bamboo. If you are in a state without adequate humidity I would expect a problem. Anyone out there with info on this product? I always try to get first hand experience or I am nervous.
Anyone out there with experience with a different companies Strand Bamboo of similar specifications etc...? That would probably be helpful also. I only know about my old fashioned hardwood floors. I feel like I have gotten some info on the limitations of laminate flooring but bamboo is completely foreign to me. Thanks in advance for any info,

Comment (1)