Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diamond Laminate

Posted by hondagirl (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 1, 11 at 22:00

I'm looking to install a laminate floor in a condo. I saw the Diamond laminate....high gloss....25 year warranty.......AC4......13.3 mm .....beautiful floor!

http://www.goodfellowinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=621&Itemid=1185

Does anyone have this floor? Pros and cons?

I am worried about the high gloss finish in terms of abrasion, scratching.
There are no children or animals.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diamond Laminate

Chinese made high gloss is scary to me! Word to the wide. I can tell you horror stories about high gloss that scratches within hours of installation. Shaw makes a nice line thats not super shiny but shiny and holds up beautifully. Armstrong holds up but there are noise issues it appears with the locking system. Same with Bruce. Lamett has had some issues. Look at Shaw. I cant think of they style name of it. Yep its call Luminaire..it just came to me... a good product and they stand behind it. Food for thought.

o

Thanks, Floortech, for replying to both of my posts.

I'll check out the Shaw.

o

Why high gloss? It's high maintenance and shows everything.
Why laminate? Once it's damaged, it can't be repaired.

If you need a floating floor, why not look at engineered wood with a generous wear layer? It too can be installed over padding and can be spot repaired as well as refinished if ever need be. And it's similar in pricing to laminate. Plus, it's real, not fake.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here