Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brazilian Multicolor - info needed!

Posted by kwscook (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 11, 12 at 21:42

The interwebz is proving very difficult to find pictures of specifically Brazilian (or Brazil) multicolor slate installed. My husband would like slate for our new entryway expansion, and while I like slate, we differ on which one. He wants one with variation, but I'm concerned with too much gold. That just isn't our color at all. As such, I've ruled out California Gold and Indian Multicolor. I like the more solid Brazil gray or green, but he wants some movement, which I understand.

I've seen pictures of Brazilian multicolor on tile websites (Daltile and Emser, specfically), but not installed. It appears to have less crazy variation - meaning, you won't get wicked rusty / gold solid tiles. Maybe tiles with more of the gold mottling, but not solid gold or rust. Is that correct? And I like the pattern - reminiscent of stained concrete or rust spots on metal.

Am I understanding what this slate is like, or am I completely off base here? And does anyone have pics of it installed? Last, any recommendations on types that might work for our parameters (or even slate alternatives)?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here