Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jewelstone or tile front porch?

Posted by cruzmisl (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 29, 11 at 21:21

Hi All,
I need to refinish my solid concrete steps before winter sets in. I was going to tile it but I'm concerned with the freeze/thaw cycles lifting the tile (Michigan winters). I'm paying someone to do it so I'm sure they'll do it right but I'm still unsure.

The other option was jewelstone but I'm not familiar with it and I think the end result really depends on the artistic ability of the installer.

Any opinions?

Thanks!
Joe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jewelstone or tile front porch?

schluter has exterior tiling system that deals with water drainage and expansion and contraction that can prevent tile lifing and cracking from freeze/thaw cycles (still/puddled water that freezes inside the install without proper drainable). Its very expensive solution though.

As to the artistic ability of an installer, yYOU would be the designer. The installer just installs them to your aesthetic specifications and design patterns.

we NEVER offer opinions on aesthetics because aesthetics are opinions and opinions differ from person to person. Last thing we need is someone deciding they dislike out aesthetic opinion after we installed something.

Here is a link that might be useful: Schluter TROBA and TROBA-PLUS

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here